There is a continual battle in our lives for time … between the best and the good … between the journey and the destination … between where you are heading and how fast you are going.
Click to Listen
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- The constant battle for our time
- The four quadrants to determine importance
- The clock vs the compass
- The Atrophy Effect
- The Superman Effect
I also share 7 Action Steps you can put into place to not ignore the compass in your life:
- Determine your First Things – 2 Tips that help me drill down to discover my “First Things”
- Learn to say “No”
- Turn off technology
- Take off one day a week
- Embrace relationships
- Asking “Am I doing the right things?” before you ask “Am I doing things right?”
- Reflect on your life, and book your own time
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Stephen Covey, “First Things First”
- Billy Joel, “Vienna”
- Maddie Brown’s cover of Vienna
- What About Bob?
- The 4 Quadrants
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What are some first things for you? What are some ways you make sure you don’t neglect them? You can leave a comment by clicking here.